The Matter team partners are experts in designing and leading complex change engagements.
Matter Group, together with our design team, the Housatonic Design Network, create an environment, artifacts, videos and more that to inform and delight your key stakeholders.
- Dan Newman has been designing and facilitating solutions for over 20 years. Prior to this work, Dan was a strategy partner at Ernst & Young, and he brings his vast expertise in driving strategy to his engagements.Dan Newman
- Erica was born in Vicenza in 1988. She graduated in Modern and Contemporary Art and Literature from the University of Verona and, after working in various cultural organisations around Europe, she moved to Rome to attend a Master in Arts Management at the Sole24Ore Business School. For the past 9 years, she has been mastering all the roles related to event design and facilitation, including client management, workshop design, front-of-room facilitation, and process facilitation. Recently, her focus has been collaborative learning that integrates content expertise and process mastery. She is also trained as a professional business coach. In her free time, you can find her doing sports with her husband Pietro, playing with her son Filippo, and having aperitivos with family and friends. Languages spoken: Italian, English, and French.Erica Melloni
- Martina was born in Norcia in 1989. After high school, she moved to Perugia to pursue an international degree in Job Creation-Oriented Biotechnology. She is currently based in Rome, where she works as the administration and office manager for Matter. She loves her job as well as traveling, eating good food, singing, and meeting new people. Languages spoken: Italian, English, French.Martina Conforzi
- Jodi Engelberg came to this work through her experience as a healthcare executive when Vanderbilt Medical Center built a dedicated think tank to drive healthcare reform. She has designed hundreds of engagements across Europe, Asia, Africa, and the U.S. She enjoys deconstructing complexity and helping multi-stakeholders reach decisions.Jodi Engelberg
- Svenja Rüger joined the Matter Group in mid 2013. She has driven change using our collaborative methods for more than 10 years. Before that she was a consultant at Ernst & Young and Capgemini. She is currently the President of our social business, The Value Web. She believes in servant leadership and that facilitation is all about making it easy.Svenja Rüger
- Alfredo Carlo was born in Bruxelles in 1975. He completed his studies in Bologna, Italy, with a degree in Art History. After working as a silkscreen printer and a graphic designer for clothing companies, he participated in his first DesignShop in 2000 and fell in love with scribing and facilitation. He subsequently founded Housatonic, today a creative team of around 15 people delivering projects around publishing, animation, illustration and space design, as well as assisting with all aspects, especially graphic-related, of Matter workshops. He enjoys creative challenges and working in teams. He loves spending time with his family, listening to music, reading and running long distances. Language spoken: Italian, English.Alfredo Carlo
- Hilde Rydning and Andor Gregorics launched Minds On in Oslo in 2003. Hilde first mastered the collaborative methods as a strategy and transformation consultant with Capgemini and Ernst & Young. Andor has been working with group dynamics and organizational development since the late 1980s. Both Hilde and Andor are Certified Professional Facilitators with the International Association of Facilitators. After a decade of frequent, successful collaboration, Minds On and Matter decided to formally join forces in 2012.Hilde Rydning
- Andor Gregorics and Hilde Rydning launched Minds On in Oslo in 2003. Hilde first mastered the collaborative methods as a strategy and transformation consultant with Capgemini and Ernst & Young. Andor has been working with group dynamics and organizational development since the late 1980s. Both Hilde and Andor are Certified Professional Facilitators with the International Association of Facilitators. After a decade of frequent, successful collaboration, Minds On and Matter decided to formally join forces in 2012.Andor Gregorics
- Ilaria Musci was born in Rome in 1996. She has a Master’s Degree in Art History from the Sapienza University of Rome. For many years, she was involved in the organisation of educational school projects for middle and high schoolers based on Model United Nations. She joined Matter in the spring of 2022 and works as a knowledge worker and junior project manager. She also dedicates herself to volunteering, specifically through the development of cultural projects with youth in her local neighbourhood of Rome. She enjoys walking, photography, museums and cappuccino. Languages spoken: Italian, English.Ilaria Musci
- Maja Arsic was born in Belgrade in 1982. Her first experience with the design and facilitation of collaborative work was almost two decades ago in Italy, in one of the largest Innovation Centres in the world. During her ample career in the financial industry, she gained extensive knowledge of business and human resources. She facilitates the work of large, multi-stakeholder groups and guides them towards their desired outcomes. Maja is passionate about learning, inclusive leadership, and people development. She has lived and worked in many European countries, becoming fluent in four languages, before settling in Turin, Italy. Languages spoken: Serbian/Croatian, English, Italian, and German.Maja Arsic
- Alyssa Erspamer was born in New York City in 1996. She completed her studies in the UK, with a BA in European Studies from UCL and an MA in Visual Anthropology from the University of Manchester. She has always been drawn to the beauty of Rome and started working freelance with Matter as a knowledge worker in 2019 before being hired full-time in 2021. Alyssa enjoys working in content analysis and project management for the widest variety of clients possible. She also loves reading, film-making, the mountains, and long walks in the city. Languages spoken: Italian, English, Spanish, German and French.Alyssa Erspamer
- Born in Sardinia in 1987, Eliana has always had a strong inclination towards languages, leading her to obtain a Master of Arts in Translation and Interpreting after her Bachelor studies. For over 10 years, she worked in the humanitarian sector, gaining expertise in several areas including development cooperation, project management, and training. This experience gave her the possibility of living in a number of European and African countries, immersing herself in extremely different places and cultures. Languages spoken: Italian, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.Eliana Del Bianco
- Born in Rome in 1994, Riccardo completed a Bachelor's degree in Economics. He then decided to marry the knowledge he acquired with his passion for the gastronomic world by attending a Master's programme in FoodCulture, Communication, and Marketing at UNISG in Pollenzo (Piedmont). His curiosity has led him to travel the world, taking on various positions both in restaurants and in farms. He loves art and nature and in his free time he organises social dinners in his house for people from all over the world. Languages spoken: Italian, English.Riccardo Birindelli
- Donato was born in Puglia in 1988. He graduated as a surveyor in 2007 and moved to Rome in the same year. He worked for more than 10 years in the food and beverage industry. He obtained his license for truffle hunting in 2015. He is passionate about interior design and manufacturing and is attending the Design course at Sapienza University of Rome. Loves reading and Italian cuisine.Donato Iannelli